Last revised: 26 October 2020
Thank you for considering a job at Alida! During the application and recruitment process we will collect some information about you.
This Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) informs you of how Alida (”/“we”/“our”/“us”) collects and uses personal information about you in the context of your candidacy for employment with Alida. This Notice and the processing (and rights described within it) applies only to the extent required and permitted by applicable local laws.
The Alida company who is hiring for the position that you are applying for will be the owner, or “data controller” of your personal information. Alida companies are:
Legal Entity Name
Alida (US) Inc.
Alida Solutions Ltd.
Alida (AU) Pty Ltd.
Alida (FR) SAS
Alida (DE) GMBH
Alida (HK) Ltd.
Alida (JP) KK
Alida (SG) Pte. Ltd.
What kinds of information do we collect and process?
The types of information we collect and process (for the purposes described in the next section), may include:
- Contact information: Your name, contact information (such as home address, phone number, email address)
- Educational and career information: Your CV or resume, cover letter, any career profile page or site (e.g., your LinkedIn profile) academic qualifications, work experience, transcripts, work permit or visa information, referrals and references, any relevant restrictions or obligations related to previous employment and/or similar
- Background information: information received from background checks, including criminal records at offer stage only (if applicable for the position you have applied for, and as permitted by applicable laws)
- Job preferences: Desired salary, willingness to relocate, other job preferences
- Information that you make publicly available such as contact information, your education, and work experience information (e.g. when you share information via job search and career networking sites as far as it is relevant to consider you for career opportunities)
- Job suitability information: information resulting from the recruitment process, including interview details and outcomes of any recruiting exercises or tests that you complete
- Accommodations information: If disclosed, any special needs or health condition and information relating to accommodations that you may request during the recruiting process
- Health and safety information: If required, health information to monitor the spread of infectious diseases in the workplace (where appropriate)
- Contract Information: if required, information we may need to prepare your offer letter and contract of employment, such as date of birth, address, and personal identification number or proof of identity (as permitted by applicable laws)
- Data from third parties: We may also receive information such as your education and work experience, contact information, and demographics, from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information. These partners collect your information from publicly available sources (e.g., LinkedIn), or through third parties they work with
- Voluntary demographic information: We may ask you to provide, on an entirely voluntary basis, demographic information such as gender identity race, ethnicity, and veteran status as permitted by applicable laws. This information will be used solely to help us to evaluate and improve our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This data will be processed completely separate from your general candidate information (as described above) and whether you choose to answer will not affect your job application. Any submitted information will be kept secure and confidential.
Note: We collect some information because we are required to collect it under applicable law, or need it to move forward with your application. We'll tell you if the information is optional when we ask you to provide it.
How do we use this personal information?
We may use your personal information as set out above (as appropriate), for the purposes described below. To:
- Communicate with you throughout the recruitment process and facilitate interviewing and any testing
- Assess your qualifications, skills, and suitability for the role you have applied for and to consider you for, and inform you about other jobs at Alida
- Verify your information, perform background or criminal checks and check your references
- Prepare your employment agreement if you are offered a job at Alida
- Assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (if requested by you); prepare any offer letter and / or contract of employment
- Inform any referor of the outcome of the referral (with your permission)
- Contact you from time to time, for example, to invite you to events we organize or sponsor, send you alerts or recommendations about opportunities at Alida, or ask you for updates. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
- Prepare and perform management reporting and to perform analysis related to recruiting metrics, such as length of the recruiting process
- Create and submit reports as required by applicable law or regulation
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- In addition, we process your information (on an aggregated level) to perform analyses in order to understand, maintain, evaluate and improve our hiring process including our diversity and belonging efforts.
Automated decision-making: Some of our recruitment processes may use elements of solely automated decision-making in order to ensure that we only proceed with candidates who meet the requirements or expectations for the specific role, (for example, an application may be automatically rejected if the job requires that you have a legal right to work in a certain location, and you indicate that you do not have it, then your application may be automatically rejected). Depending on where you reside you may be able to request a manual review of any automated-decision making that was part of your application review. Please send such requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we share your data?
Alida companies: The Alida companies share infrastructure, systems and technology to process your personal information (as outlined in the sections above), to ensure efficiency and security, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with this Statement. For example, Alida recruiters collaborate globally to connect candidates with the right opportunities.
Other organizations: We work with third-party partners who help us manage and improve our recruiting process, including tools and systems we use for this purpose. These third parties include:
- Recruitment service providers
- Vendors facilitating interviews and tests
- Vendors facilitating interview travel booking and expenses
- Vendors facilitating relocation (where applicable)
- Immigration advisors including lawyers and consultants
- Reporting and analytics service providers
- Pre-employment screening services
- Vendors assisting us with the implementation of health and safety measures
We require these third parties to protect the personal information they receive with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using the personal information for their own purposes or outside what is necessary to provide the service.
International transfers of EU / EEA data: Where personal information collected within the EU/EEA is transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the EU/EEA, we shall ensure that the transfer of your personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your personal information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects individuals in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of our systems or products; violates our terms or policies or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property and products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- When we are under a legal obligation to do so, we may provide your personal information to law enforcement.
Personal information we process about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or otherwise to prevent harm. We may take these actions pursuant to our legal obligations, where necessary in our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of others and where necessary to protect the vital interest of individuals.
For how long do we retain your personal information?
We'll retain your personal information for as long as is required in order to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our contractual agreements, or as necessary for our legitimate interests as described above, such as to consider you for other current and future employment opportunities at Alida.
If you're successful in your application for a position at Alida, we retain the personal information you provide during the application process, and information about your application process, as part of your employee records.
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We process the personal information that we have in the ways described above:
- As necessary to prepare and enter into an employment contract with you
- Consistent with specific consents, which you may revoke at any time
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others
- As necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in considering candidates for current and future employment opportunities, and in managing and improving our recruitment and hiring processes, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal information
How can you exercise your rights provided under privacy laws or make a complaint?
Depending on where you reside you may have the rights below as it relates to Alida’s handling of your personal information. Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances.
- Opt out of Marketing Consent: where we are processing personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by going to the unsubscribe link on any email we send you or by contacting us at email@example.com
- Access: you can ask us whether we are processing your personal information and, if we are, you can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you as well as certain other information about it. You are not entitled to see other people’s personal information.
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you be corrected.
- Erasure: you can ask us to delete or remove your personal information that you provided to us under some limited circumstances.
- Restriction: you can ask us to suspend or stop processing certain specific personal information if you want us to verify its accuracy or our reasons for processing it are not compatible with the original purpose for processing.
- Portability:you may request the transfer of the personal information you provided to us to another party.
- Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. We can retain and continue processing as a matter of law, to defend a legal claim or another derogation available to us under law or regulation.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the nature of the request we may require government issued photo ID for verification purposes.
To exercise your rights, or to make a complaint about the way Alida is handling your personal information, email email@example.com
Depending on where you reside you may also have a right to make a complaint to your local data controller’s privacy regulator, for example:
Information Commissioner's Office (UK) www.ico.org.uk tel: + 44 (0) 303 123 1113
La Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (France) www.cnil.fr tel: + 33 (0) 153 73 22 22
Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision (Bavaria, Germany) https://www.lda.bayern.de
How can you contact Alida with questions?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you learn about changes to this Statement?
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make changes to the Statement that are material, we'll prominently post these changes to the Statement on this page.
For EU / EEA Residents
Special categories of personal information: Some personal information is subject to special protections under EU law*. We may process such data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim by us, with your explicit consent or where necessary for the purpose of carrying out our obligations and for the exercising of our rights or your rights in the context of employment or social security law. For example, we may need to process information about your health to accommodate any special needs you have when you come onsite for an interview, or to monitor the spread of infectious diseases in the workplace.
*Special categories of personal information under EU law are: personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.